Equestrian Horseback Riding Vacation at England’s Coworth Park
Fancy a game of polo or dressage lesson on your next horseback riding vacation in the Berkshire countryside of England? The village of Ascot is well known for its equestrian heritage and Coworth Park offers guests a first class horseback riding vacation on their 240 acre private estate. With six horses available to resort guests, the Coworth Park offers young equestrians a Connemara pony, while experienced horseback riders may ride fully trained and competitive Grand prix dressage horses from Germany.
For those not keen on horseback riding vacations, the River Thames provides boating and kayaking options, while a visit to Windsor Great Park will have you surrounded in nature in the English countryside. Those interested in horse racing are a 10 minute car ride from Ascot Racecourse and the Royal Ascot, a five-day formal affair held annually in mid-June.
Dorchester Collection offers Dressage and Polo at Country Resort Horseback Riding Vacation
Equestrian Manager Laura Richardson has landed in horse-lovers paradise. A British dressage champion, Richardson oversees the Coworth Park Stables and notes that guests traveling with their own horses and ponies are welcome to board them at Coworth Park for the duration of their horseback riding vacation at the resort.
Guests wanting to surround themselves in all things equestrian should reserve one of 28 rooms at the Stable Houses. Have a drink at the Coworth Park Bar and admire the horse portraits adorning the walls. Of course, save time for a visit to the Coworth Park’s Stables at this exclusive resort.
What are your favorite things to do in Ascot, England?
Guidelines to ensure a safe and comfortable horseback riding vacation at Coworth Park
- Suitable clothing must be worn when riding and around the horses. Legs must be and arms should be covered, suitable footwear with a small heel and not too much tread should be worn and gloves that provide some grip.
- If clients or guests do not have the required safety equipment, Coworth Park will provide suitable hats, boots, gloves and back protectors for them
- We advise all persons participating in any equestrian activity to ensure they have personal accident insurance.
- No dogs allowed in the stables or riding areas.
- No smoking allowed in the stable areas.
- We cannot guarantee a particular horse or pony for your ride even if it has been requested in advance.
- All clients are required to wear a riding hat approved to current safety standards whenever participating in riding activities or handling horses, the chip strap must always be fastened when riding. Clients are also advised to wear Body Protectors and must not participate in jumping without one.
- Please do not wear jewelry when around the horses or anything that flaps or could get caught.
- All instructors are trained and competent to teach at their detailed level as well as being first aid trained.
- A 100% cancellation fee is charged at all times should any client cancel their lesson within 24 hours of the lesson start time.
If You Go:
Coworth Park +44.1344.876.600
London Road, Ascot, Berkshire SL57SE